If your child has SEN, it is important for us to carry out formal assessments to identify their strengths and identify their needs accurately. To do this, we will use a range of methods depending upon their needs. When your child enters our school, their current attainment is assessed to give us a ‘baseline’ from where they will progress.
At Falla Park, we have experience of supporting children with a wide range of needs. We currently have children with a variety of needs in school including:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Communication and Interaction difficulties
- Medical conditions
- Speech and language difficulties
- General learning difficulties
- Gross motor and fine motor difficulties (including balance, coordination and handwriting)
- Difficulties with literacy skills (including reading, writing and spelling)
- Difficulties with maths skill
The school provides data on the levels and types of need to the Local Authority. This is collected through the school census.