In order to support out children fully, we enable all children to fully engage in all aspects of school life. We do not see SEND as a barrier to accessing the full curriculum and ensure that children with SEND are fully included in all activities in order to promote the highest levels of achievement.
To do this, we:
- Ensure that all children with SEN are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement, for example; ensuring that children with language delay are supported with visual aids and prompts.
- Ensure that all pupils have access to the school curriculum and all school activities, for example; additional adult support to model and support learning.
- Ensure every child has the entitlement to a sense of achievement through celebrating progress with parents, for example; class dojos, awards, Head Teacher’s Awards, messages home, school newsletter, assemblies and work being displayed
- When planning activities such as visits and trips, SEN children are considered to ensure they can fully participate, for example; staff will visit venues and complete the relevant risk assessments.
- We welcome a large number of visitors into school to support children’s learning in a hand-on way
- We seek advice, change resources/equipment and access training.
- We offer a wide variety of after school clubs for all children to participate in