Falla Park is proud to be a Rights Respecting School!
We have been successful in achieving the Level One Rights Respecting School Award (RRSA) and we are currently working towards the achievement of Level Two. This award recognises our school’s achievement in putting the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) at the heart of our school’s planning, policies, practice and ethos. Our core values: respect, responsibility and compassion permeate all that we do here at Falla Park and we always work together to ensure that everyone achieves ‘excellence through effort’ so that everyone can become ‘the best that they can be’. This motto and our school’s values are proudly displayed throughout our school on the logo below.
A rights-respecting school not only teaches about children’s rights but also models rights and respect in all its relationships: between teachers / adults and pupils, between adults and between pupils.
The Convention says that every child has:
- The right to a childhood (including protection from harm)
- The right to be educated (including all girls and boys completing primary school)
- The right to be healthy (including having clean water, nutritious food and medical care)
- The right to be treated fairly (including changing laws and practices that are unfair on children)
- The right to be heard (including considering children’s views)
Please see the child friendly version of the rights below, which we use with the children in school.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.