At Falla Park we aim to build on our children’s love of sports by providing a curriculum that inspires all pupils to participate in a wide variety of physical activities taught by both class teachers and specialist sports professionals. In addition to this we aim to give children many opportunities to further develop their skills by providing a range of extra-curricular clubs and entering competitive events. We recognise that these opportunities will allow children to become physically confident and will help to build values such as fairness and respect.
Within lessons the children are taught to:
- Master then use movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching, as well as developing balance, agility and co-ordination, and begin to apply these in a range of sports
- Perform dances using a range of movement patterns
- Develop flexibility, strength, technique, control and balance, for example through athletics and gymnastics
- Take part in outdoor and adventurous activity challenges both individually and within a team
- Compare their performances with previous ones and demonstrate improvement to achieve their personal best.
- Play competitive games such as badminton, basketball, cricket, football, hockey, netball, rounders and tennis, and apply basic principles suitable for attacking and defending
To see some of the things we’ve been doing please visit the Sport and PE section of our website.