Falla Park Primary School is a rights respecting school. The UNICEF right’s of the child underpin the ethos of the whole school. The PSHCE curriculum focuses on:
- The right to be heard and have your views listened to.
- The right to the best health care possible, safe water to drink, nutritious food, a clean and safe environment, and information to help you stay well.
- The right to know your rights! Adults should know about these rights and help you learn about them, too.
We believe that PSHCE is central to developing the potential of the whole child. Our school has the responsibility to meet the individual needs of all of our pupils. We recognise that personal, social, health education and citizenship education enables children to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding they need to live confident, healthy, independent lives as individuals, and members of the community. It plays an important role alongside other aspects of the curriculum and school life in helping pupils to deal with difficult moral and social questions that arise in their lives and in society.
In our school we recognise that PSHCE and citizenship underpins the curriculum and has a significant part to play in driving our school forward in raising achievement. Our PSHCE curriculum is taught in conjunction with and in addition to the SEALS programme. The units of, which are detailed in the PSHCE overview, for all children include:
- Emotional Health & Well-Being and Anti Bullying
- Financial Capability – Money Matters
- Rights, respecting relationships Education -S.R.E
- Drugs/Safety Education including E-safety
- Enterprise / Careers Education
- Citizenship/ Sustainable schools & Community Cohesion
- Healthy Lifestyles