At Falla Park we aim to develop an appreciation of a range of music with a view to composing, performing, listening to, reviewing and evaluating music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions, including the works of the great composers and musicians.
Across school pupils will:
- Learn to sing and to use their voices expressively and creatively
- Use a range of percussion instruments to understand pulse and rhythm.
- Create and compose music on their own and with others
- Have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument. (trumpet, ukulele and ocarina lessons will be offered to KS2)
- Use music based technology to play musical games and compose their own pieces.
- Understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated by listening to a range of high quality live and recorded music develop an understanding of the history of music